MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED] Portal in Separate Directory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there,

On my site we were looking to have a blog that integrates with MyBB but the only one available has no theming so the next best solution is using a portal. However the forums are on a subdomain forums.extenditude.com and the portal needs to be on extenditude.com. In the ftp the forums is a directory inside extenditude.com's public_html.

This means the forum can be accessed at both forums.extenditude.com and extenditude.com/forums but the cookies are and forum paths are set to work using the subdomains URL.

How can I run a portal on extenditude.com with the forums on forums.extenditude.com
Looking at the portal.php file, you can put this in public_html or similar, then edit this line in it to point to your forums (don't put in the domain, but the path):
$forumdir = "./"

Sidenote to Devs/Mods: Why the heck is the word yeah in portal.php just before the <?php delimiter?? What does it do??
Done as you said ($forumdir = "forums.extenditude.com"Winkand this is all that appears:

$forumdir is invalid!
I told you NOT the domain.
It should be /home/(your account name here)/public_html/(forum directory name)
Oh. I understand now. The theme images aren't all displaying :/ http://extenditude.com/portal.php
You would probably have to copy the MyBB images folder to the public_html folder. It should work now.
Sorted thanks Smile