MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: reputation error when giving negative rep
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
as the title says, when I go to give positive rep, it is fine, but when I'm giving negative rep, I get this error:
Error

You must enter a good reason (comment) to give this user a reputation ratings.

the comments I tried were:
racist, mean, bad, apricot..
The reason has to be at least 10 characters long IIRC, shouldn't matter whether it's positive or negative though.
(2010-05-09, 07:17 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The reason has to be at least 10 characters long IIRC, shouldn't matter whether it's positive or negative though.

can this be adjusted?

ps- my other reputation problem was throwing an error if you have time to check the thread.
To change the length limit you can change ./reputation.php and find (around line 126):
	if(trim($mybb->input['comments']) == "" || my_strlen($mybb->input['comments']) < 10)
and replace 10 with whatever value you want.

About the other error, your going to have to tell us what error its throwing.
(2010-05-10, 09:57 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]To change the length limit you can change ./reputation.php and find (around line 126):
	if(trim($mybb->input['comments']) == "" || my_strlen($mybb->input['comments']) < 10)
and replace 10 with whatever value you want.

About the other error, your going to have to tell us what error its throwing.

Tim,

shouldn't this be an option in the admincp rather than having to edit files?

the other error is here:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-67963.html
(2010-05-12, 06:18 PM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]shouldn't this be an option in the admincp rather than having to edit files?

Maybe it should be but it doesn't seem that people need to change it that often so I don't think it's a problem.