MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: updating mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello

i m using 1.4.8 mybb

i want to update it into MyBB 1.4.13 so how can i update it and which files i have to upload in my server to update into new version.

does my site will give any error if i update 1.4.8 into 1.4.13

thank u
It'll probably be easiest to download the full package, reupload everything, and run the upgrader.

Of course you should always backup your files and database before you start any major operation.
if i reupload whole package of 1413 in my server then all posts will be deleted so how i can do that without deleting post.

uploading new mybb in my server will need new database so it will deletes my old database with posts and my members.
It won't delete your posts, but you will lose any code modifications you have done.

The upgrader will preserve your existing data.
does i also loose the some plugins i uploaded in my server.
You might, but it should be easy to deactivate and then reactivate the plugins after the upgrade.
As Dennis said, download the full package, upload the files (overwriting the copy on the server), run the upgrader (after removing the lock file if present) and seeing if plugins will work.

Posts will not be removed because they are stored in the database. Deleting your database is not smart because you will need to reinstall MyBB or upload a backup of the db.
if i deactive all plugins,then is there any possibility to get deleted?
??
Why would deactivating plugins delete anything?
i only want to fix security issues in 1.4.8 so please tell me about to fix security and which files i have to reupload from 1.4.13 for security purpose only
Pages: 1 2