MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email a specific user
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to send an email to a specific user?

There are some users that have been awaiting activation for some time and I was going to email them to see if there was an issue as my board is quite new to mybb so I may have something misconfigured.

I am sure there is a way but I cannot find it for the life of me.
Via the email link in their profile?? If you want to email all awaiting activation members you can use the Mass Mail feature in the Users & Groups section of the ACP.
Thanks Matt,

I had looked all over the admin panel hehehehe, typical.

Would be a nice idea though to add that as an option from the admin panel, when viewing unactivated users. I was trying to click there, but it wanted to send from outlook as it's a mailto: link.
I was referring to the email link on their forum profile. Sending a single suer an email via the ACP isn't really a very common request, but it can still be achieved with mass mail.
there is also a plugin that will allow admins to resend the account activation email from a users profile with a single click. only visible to admins for awaiting activation users.
what i am getting at with the mention of the plugin is to resend the default activation email first to see if it was even received or forgotten about.

besides, if the user is not asking you about their activation email, its likely they are no longer interested in joining. resending the default message, to me at least, seems less like spam and less desperate for users.