MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Install hangs at mybb/install/index.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I just downloaded the latest version, uploaded to my Linux host (directory mybb), set the permissions, everything looks good, went to /install and everything looks good but after verifying I meet the requirements and entering my MySQL username/password/database info at the next screen nothing, blank screen. Retried several times, in the inc directory on the server the config.php and settings.php files are zero size.

The mybb/install/index.php sits at a blank page on the browser, nothing ever created in the mysql database, no error message. What could be wrong?

Thanks for your help,
Wally
One further item, after finding the wiki and commenting out the lines as directed for MySQL 4, now the install is stuck at Database Configuration,
it now says the host or username information is not correct but it is, simple localhost MySQL.

(2010-05-10, 09:54 PM)wbowles Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I just downloaded the latest version, uploaded to my Linux host (directory mybb), set the permissions, everything looks good, went to /install and everything looks good but after verifying I meet the requirements and entering my MySQL username/password/database info at the next screen nothing, blank screen. Retried several times, in the inc directory on the server the config.php and settings.php files are zero size.

The mybb/install/index.php sits at a blank page on the browser, nothing ever created in the mysql database, no error message. What could be wrong?

Thanks for your help,
Wally
Hello,

Can anyone take a quick look at this issue? I really like MyBB but am unable to go further getting it installed. I'm trying to install MyBB 1.4.13 on a system with PHP 4.3.2 and MySQL 4.0.13.

After commenting out the lines recommended for MySQL 4 in the install guide I pass the requirements check but am stuck at the Database Configuration screen, it says it "Could not connect to the database server at 'localhost' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?"

The username and password supplied are correct, and are the same ones used before when the error was a blank screen before commenting out the offending code.

It doesn't seem to matter whether or not the database name I specify exists already, no connection is made and no tables created.

Can anyone point me in the correct direction please or at least let me know if there is a solution so I can move on? A bit disappointing to receive no responses.

Thanks in advance,
Wally

Thanks for your help,
Wally
One further item, after finding the wiki and commenting out the lines as directed for MySQL 4, now the install is stuck at Database Configuration,
it now says the host or username information is not correct but it is, simple localhost MySQL.

Thanks for your help,
Wally
In your username and db name are you including your account name as follows?
cpanel account name here_db name

and

cpanel account name here_db username

Also, what version of MySQL is on your server?? If it's MySQL 4, you should upgrade 5.0.19, since this is the version that works with 1.4.13 of MyBB iirc.
You're using painfully old versions of PHP MySQL. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for you to be forced to use stuff like this. Think of it like spending $1000 on a computer with Windows XP; may physically work with most things but Windows 7 is far better and XP is being killed off; PHP/MySQL 4 may work with some things but PHP/MySQL 5 would be far better. Wouldn't have thought the host is being run terribly well if they're still using these versions. MyBB 1.6 will need PHP 5.1+ so you'll be stuck when 1.6 comes. There are tons of hosts that offer much more recent versions of things.