MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL Error 1054
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when i make a new forum i get this error can anyone help thanks

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'forum_icon' in 'field list'
Query:
INSERT INTO mybb_forums (name,description,linkto,type,pid,parentlist,disporder,active,open,allowhtml,allowmycode,allowsmilies,allowimgcode,allowpicons,allowtratings,usepostcounts,password,showinjump,modposts,modthreads,mod_edit_posts,modattachments,style,overridestyle,rulestype,rulestitle,rules,defaultdatecut,defaultsortby,defaultsortorder,forum_icon) VALUES ('Suggestion Box','','','f','4','','4','1','1','0','1','1','1','1','1','1','','1','0','0','0','0','0','0','0','','','0','','','')
This occurs when you are using MySQL and you attempt to upgrade from 1.4.3 to 1.4.4, after you upload all the new files, but do not run the upgrade script. In 1.4.4, a new column, 'loginattempts', was added to the users table for a new security feature. The error shows as the 1.4.4 member.php file is trying to find the 'loginattempts' column in a 1.4.3 database, where it doesn't exist. To fix this issue, go to ./install/upgrade.php and choose 1.4.2/1.4.3 from the list.
No, it does not. That fix is nothing to do with this error at all.

Do you have a forum icon plugin??
Sorry for being offtopic, but JovanJ... Do you really think every SQL Error everyone is posting, is related to upgrading?
(2010-05-11, 04:31 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]No, it does not. That fix is nothing to do with this error at all.

Do you have a forum icon plugin??

this are the only ones i can think of
Post icons on index in the last post (1.0.5)
Post icons on index in the last post next to thread subject.
Created by ELY M.

MyAnimatedFavicon (1.0)
This plugin add a animated favicon ( gif format).
Created by Arkanoidblue
bump

I am still having this problem and have had no luck at solving it
Your going to need to contact the author of the forum icon plugin (probably labrocca but someone else may have one of these plugins as well, I'm not sure) as it’s almost certainly related directly to the plugin.
I finally solved this problem myself here are the steps needed to fix this particular error if anyone else gets it. Go to the files for mybb on your server navigate to admin then modules then forum then open management.php Hit ctrl-F to bring up the find box then search for forum_icon and delete all the code for forum_icon also make sure you backup the file just in case before editing and this should solve your problem.
(2010-05-11, 10:01 AM)JovanJ. Wrote: [ -> ]This occurs when you are using MySQL and you attempt to upgrade from 1.4.3 to 1.4.4, after you upload all the new files, but do not run the upgrade script. In 1.4.4, a new column, 'loginattempts', was added to the users table for a new security feature. The error shows as the 1.4.4 member.php file is trying to find the 'loginattempts' column in a 1.4.3 database, where it doesn't exist. To fix this issue, go to ./install/upgrade.php and choose 1.4.2/1.4.3 from the list.

That's nonsense and doesn't answer the question at all. Seriously, don't post if you don't know what you are talking about. Smile

@Krypto: Good to hear that you got this problem sorted out. Smile