MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to get my guests to join?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys. I noticed that I get an average of 300-400 guests per day. But only a meer 15-20 members per day. How do I get those guests to join? I see that they go to the downloads section and download a lot of stuff. But I want to be able to get them to join in the discussion.

Any suggestions? My website is a console website, and we have a lot of downloads and I don't want to force download. Like forcing some one to register before they can download.
Well if you wan't more members, I'd suggest only allowing guests, 1 download per day. Where as registered users get unlimited.
If your talking about your penhacks site, maybe have some sort of guest panel that displays some information you offer along with a register link.
(2010-05-11, 04:23 PM)Rozzy Wrote: [ -> ]Well if you wan't more members, I'd suggest only allowing guests, 1 download per day. Where as registered users get unlimited.

Nah, I don't want to force download. Because there are so many websites on the internet that offer the same downloads as us that, if I force download many guests would just go to another site. Maybe I am wrong. But members is not really to much of an issue we have 800+ members but I want conversation in the community.

(2010-05-11, 04:32 PM)Aaron Wrote: [ -> ]If your talking about your penhacks site, maybe have some sort of guest panel that displays some information you offer along with a register link.
Yea, I'm talking about PenHacks. And that doesn't sound like to bad an idea. I might implement that.

Any one else have some ideas?
Quote:Because there are so many websites on the internet that offer the same downloads as us

If that's the case, why bother having a downloads section? At least try disabling that section for maybe a month, and see if that makes a difference.
(2010-05-12, 02:40 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Because there are so many websites on the internet that offer the same downloads as us

If that's the case, why bother having a downloads section? At least try disabling that section for maybe a month, and see if that makes a difference.

Lol if I disabled the downloads section my whole site would be in the drain. We'd be linking to other peoples websites and guests would eventually go there instead to my site.

While there are many other console websites, not all of them offer downloads like we do. And while there are some that offer downloads like we do, well, we have to try and beat those xP
15-20 members a day is a lot for only 800 guests.
(2010-05-12, 02:12 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]Lol if I disabled the downloads section my whole site would be in the drain. We'd be linking to other peoples websites and guests would eventually go there instead to my site.

While there are many other console websites, not all of them offer downloads like we do. And while there are some that offer downloads like we do, well, we have to try and beat those xP

If that's the case then maybe you should look into the content of your forums, and trying to figure out what's in it that's stopping folks from signing up.
(2010-05-12, 11:56 PM)Xarver Wrote: [ -> ]15-20 members a day is a lot for only 800 guests.

Really? This is my first "real" site, all the others were free forums where I could never see the stats. So, is that true 15-20 members is alot for 800 guests?

(2010-05-13, 04:18 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-12, 02:12 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]Lol if I disabled the downloads section my whole site would be in the drain. We'd be linking to other peoples websites and guests would eventually go there instead to my site.

If that's the case then maybe you should look into the content of your forums, and trying to figure out what's in it that's stopping folks from signing up.

Ya... I don't know what though, we have a forum for just about all consoles, we have a tutorials forums. Hmmm
Start discussions that make you want to post. I remember on a general forum i used to be on, a guy made another account and made 3 threads "Ghandi is a racist, Black people should go back to africa, and Bush is the greatest president ever" I think about 30 users joined for those 3 threads. Mind you only 10 stayed around.
Pages: 1 2