MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear people,
Firstly I must thank you, this software is a kick lime software.

Secondly, I'm having a bit of issues with the board, I have mine running however, I clicked on Version check in my admin panel and I got this error message

MyBB Error
There was a problem communicating with the version server.

What does this mean and how can it be fixed? When I installed everything, everything was installed to my database correctly.

Also, I don't know if this is the correct forum to post these questions.
I'm trying to add a few modifications to my forum, however there isn't any install documents in the mod document when I install, primarly the cash mod.
The file is in a php format, where exactly do I add this? which folder?
That and other mods & Templates?

Thanks a bunch
The problem with the version check is that you might not be able to connect to URLs with your server. Some hosts disable people connecting to other websites via a URL. If you want this to work, you should check with your host first to see if they have disabled url wrappers or opening files using URLs. If they have then check to see if they support CURL, if they do I should be able to help you.

The cash mod file (cash_mod.php) should be uploaded to inc/plugins/, it says this on the download page. Other documentation is included within the file. You will need to install Easy Install and Advanced Plugins (links on the cash mod download page) as well.

Most plugins will include a readme with them. This will tell you what to do with each file and what files need changing for your plugin to work etc.
First of all for cash mod to dl, i'll need to have EI working, however when i uploaded EI to my server to: inc/plugin it doesn't show up under my plugin manager in my Admin cp.
Why is this? :-s