MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Importing a phpBB template
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is it possible import a phpBB template? i just swtich to myBB but it will be a shame if i wont be able to use the template i custumized myself to it fits my forum theme...

I hope there might be a chance and thanks in advance for your helpBig Grin
Wow to modify a myBB theme is not that easy and as i have not the time to customize my theme and make it works with myBB i think i'll stay with phpBB...

See ya! ToungueBig Grin
c0d3r Wrote:Wow to modify a myBB theme is not that easy and as i have not the time to customize my theme and make it works with myBB i think i'll stay with phpBB...

Good luck!

[Image: z-frown.gif]
c0d3r Wrote:Wow to modify a myBB theme is not that easy and as i have not the time to customize my theme and make it works with myBB i think i'll stay with phpBB...

See ya! ToungueBig Grin
c0d3r Wrote:Is it possible import a phpBB template? i just swtich to myBB but it will be a shame if i wont be able to use the template i custumized myself to it fits my forum theme...

I hope there might be a chance and thanks in advance for your helpBig Grin

And your name is c0d3r? Dumbass.
lol to modify mybb is not easy? but phpbb is?

What a dummy, Mybb is the easyest to modify!
TonyH Wrote:lol to modify mybb is not easy? but phpbb is?

What a dummy, Mybb is the easyest to modify!
Yeah that's what I think, but what ever. Let him use that crapy phpbb! Toungue
phpBB is fussy to modify. You need to load your FTP client.

MyBB dosen't need external software just to modify templates.
Editing templates solely in the AdminCP is a huge pain-in-the-butt.

I want the Syntax-highlighting or colour picker of my HTML editor.

You should be able to choose if you want to use the AdminCP, or an external editor, not be forced to have one or the other.

On a slight side note, I hate phpBB too.
phpBB hasn't got some feautures like as quick reply, and its ACP is really incomplete...
So I decided to change to myBB, i really like it, it's one of the most complete forums i've ever seen...
but i have a problem now, i have to import my db (from phpBB to myBB) and I haven't got idea about how to do it... Can sb help me?
Thanks in advance.. Rolleyes
Skinning on phpbb is easier imho. It's hard to navigate the mybb acp to edit templates..save them..then test. It's faster to edit tpl files via FTP or SSH. Also the code is broken down so much in mybb that you have to spend lots of time just figuring out what to change and where. The way mybb saves displays the templates in acp could be better but it's difficult when it's in the DB. I think it's fine how it is but don't say it's easy cuz I am a pro and it's NOT easier than phpbb.
Pages: 1 2