MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error when Checking...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quote:Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /directory/install/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I get this error when I'm at the "Database Configuration" part of the installation.

I put it my full database name, password, and host name. I know it's the right ones, but it shows me that page after. I've re-uploaded my files several times, and same thing.

Can someone help me out?
Did you CHMOD the required files?
Yes, I did. D:
Who is your host? And are you absolutely sure the required files CHMOD 666 and the required dirs CHMOD 777 are set??
Wouldn't give that error if those CHMODs are wrong, if this is to do with CHMODs it'd be of the install folder itself. It should be 755, as should sub folders, with files inside being 644.
Weird, 403 Forbidden can come up due to wrong folder/file permissions too.
Still nothing.. Sad

I used to run MyBB before, on this same host, with nothing different. Same version too I believe. What else could be wrong?
Contact your host, it is highly likely that they have installed mod_security to your server. Don't see why it would interfere with the installer, as it's never done it before.
My host is HostGator. I'm in a live chat with one of their representatives now. I will let you know what they say.
HostGator is known to use mod_security, probably to prevent the use of MyBB on their servers.
Pages: 1 2 3