MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpBB 3 to MyBB Mark as Read does not work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I converted the forum to myBB yesterday from phpBB everything seems to be working properly however there are two issues with boards being marked as read and they are as follows:
  • When a posted is viewed, it is not marked as read after going back to the forum index.
  • Clicking mark as read does not work and everything still shows up as being unread.

I don't know why it's doing this because the conversion went fine but maybe I'm overlooking a setting, it's happening to other members as well. If you need to look the forum for any reason the url is as follows:

http://techsnap.co.uk/forums/index.php

Thanks.
Can you make a post somewhere so it'll show up as unread (currently nothing shows as unread as it was my first visit)?? Smile
Thanks for the quick reply.

I made a post in the Microsoft board.
Double Post Update.

It seems that it's another issue all together, because posts are taking about 2 minutes to actually show up from clicking on the post button and announcements and other settings aren't changing promptly either, when I backed up the database it did the job instantly but it didn't show in the ACP for a while.

I guess it's a server problem because it wasn't doing that before but if there is any solutions to this please let me know. I will have to have a look at the server tomorrow if not but I doubt it's the forum software given the delay on posts being displayed.