MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Got a question about FID(s) in urls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys im tryign to figure out something, maybe someone can help?

The thing is im trying to pull FID(S) for urls for my "Portal News" the problem is im using SEO plugin from (Frost) and it ONLY dispalys at the bottom of threads the UID(S) so for me there is no way so far on figuring out how to get the FID(s).

Any help for this please?
The forum id's with Google SEO are forum-(id).html
Just type in the number where (id) is for the forum.
it doest pull the PID(s) as you can see in this picture it asks for FID(s) and when i try the PID(s) its not working

[Image: fids.png]
I just told you where to get forum id's from. Obviously, PID's are NOT FID's
Edit the forum in the ACP, the fid is at the end of the URL.
(2010-05-12, 07:54 PM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]I just told you where to get forum id's from. Obviously, PID's are NOT FID's

my ID urls are UID(s) NOT FID(S) so thats why im asking cause it aint showing the ID(S) that I need obviously

(2010-05-12, 07:57 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Edit the forum in the ACP, the fid is at the end of the URL.

Thank-You Im getting close cause in the ACP i can actually see FID(s), thank you now its just figuring out the correct FID(s) for specific posts, Thanks
You don't get them for specific posts, you just give it forums to pull threads from, and it pulls everything from those forums...
ah!!!! I see so "IS" there an actual way besides disabling the SEO plug in? I really ONLY need specific FID(S) cause of my specific intentions to post for PORTAL NEWS?

in ACP i get forum FID(s) like you mentioned, so were heading on the right track Wink
If you can see them in the ACP I'm not sure what else you need Undecided Just because the FID doesn't show in the URL doesn't mean it won't work, it just needs to know what to select from the database, Google SEO has nothing to do with it...
Ok Thanks ...

Your right I dont need to disable SEO (plug-in) I must of missed out something (old age is catching up) and I think what I was looking for is this PID(s) but that doesnt accept into the portal for "PORTAL NEWS" .. so is there another way to change the portal.php that in portal to display PID(s) instead of FID(s) or do i need to change a code or disect something to show ONLY specific threads not forums?

Hope you understand and maybe you might have some sort of solution what to do next with my own intentions
Big Grin i guess this is more complicated then expected