MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question about donation drive banner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How does it work? How does it "know" how much has been donated Toungue From a php (or whatever it's written in) point of view Smile

Im looking at creating something like that Big Grin
(2010-05-12, 07:57 PM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]How does it work? How does it "know" how much has been donated Toungue From a php (or whatever it's written in) point of view Smile

Im looking at creating something like that Big Grin

How does it work? I edited it whenever Chris posted a donation drive update. It's not automatic.
iirc Matt said that Justin calculates the exact bar width in pixels and updates the image manually.
^that
ohhh... LOL I thought it would be hard to do automatically XD
Absolutely not hard at all. A good PHP coder would have been able to create that donation bar plugin in a snap and get the updated data from the PayPal API increasing the donated value.

It is not harder than having a rank or a level graphic bar plugin, it is just needing the addition of few lines of code in the PayPal script. It could have been done even without the need of GD by simply using plain CSS background and % filling...
Have a look at the GDI library for php, very handy.
It's probably not hard but to program the script to sort through the MyBB.com donations and all other transactions would probably be more trouble than it's worth. Wink
(2010-05-13, 11:30 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]It's probably not hard but to program the script to sort through the MyBB.com donations and all other transactions would probably be more trouble than it's worth. Wink

Donations that go to the domain has an identifier that goes along with it to tell us that they are for the domain.
(2010-05-13, 10:43 AM)exdiogene Wrote: [ -> ]Absolutely not hard at all. A good PHP coder would have been able to create that donation bar plugin in a snap and get the updated data from the PayPal API increasing the donated value.

It is not harder than having a rank or a level graphic bar plugin, it is just needing the addition of few lines of code in the PayPal script. It could have been done even without the need of GD by simply using plain CSS background and % filling...

cool indidnt know paypal gave that information on transactions Smile not as hard as I thought then
I see the "banner" in signatures all around MyBB, it shows as 2,620. 49! Why is that?
Pages: 1 2