MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Editing the template 'index' page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all

Installed myBB at the weekend after trying (and not liking) phpBB and finding it very agreeable Smile

However.... when I try to edit the global.css using the admincp edit feature, it just deletes all the data when I press 'save'. Thankfully I found the default code on this site and manually added it back into the file via cpanel.

This time, I want to edit the template index file, but I don't want to use the editing feature before I know I can fix it if it deletes everything. I can't for the life of me though find the file via file manager in cpanel that appears to correspond to the index file in edit templates.

I have installed the Afresh Pearl theme, and if it helps, my forum is located in (mydomain)/forum/index - anyone know which file I should be looking for? is it a .php file?

Thanks!
Karissa
Templates aren't stored in files... try going to ACP > Home > Preferences > turn Codepress off.
It still deletes everything if I have codepress off Sad

So if it were to delete the data in the template, I'd have to reload the forum??
You can revert the template to default; when you're on the list of templates (i.e.where the name 'index' is) click Options > Revert to Original.

So the code isn't being syntax highlighted in any way anymore, it's just plain text, and still happens?? What version of PHP are you using?? It'll tell you on the ACP homepage.
Yep I've tried it both with codepress on and off, even with a different browser, but it still happens. Don't know if it means anything, but if I choose 'save and close' it says 'You have selected an invalid stylesheet.' If I choose just 'save' it's fine.

I've got php version 5.3.2

(2010-05-12, 09:33 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You can revert the template to default; when you're on the list of templates (i.e.where the name 'index' is) click Options > Revert to Original.

Umm I only get Options > Full Edit...?
The revert to original option will only show if the template has been modified, if it hasn't then there is no need to revert it.
Ah OK - I'll give that a go at some point thanks Smile

Something else that is annoying me just now - I am a stickler for punctuation, particularly the correct use of apostrophes. However, every time I use an apostrophe, it adds a backslash, so "Mazda's" becomes "Mazda\'s". Is that something to do with the theme?
Get your host to disable magic quotes.
That's probably causing the original issue too.
I've done the php code changes as mentioned on this site for disabling magic quotes... but it's the same. Irritating.
Pages: 1 2