MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unread PM Notification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Firstly as far as I am aware MyBB has a function so that when a PM is sent, it comes up with a banner at the top of the page, under the header.

I have the following queries:

How can I set it so as default everyone is forced to have this activated, and remove the option from the UserCP to deactivate.

Where can I edit the text that comes up in that box / banner?

There is also a plugin installed on my site:

Unread PM Notification (1.0.4)
Informs users with a banner at the top when they have any unread messages.
Created by destroyer

This seemed superfluous to requirements, as MyBB does this. So deactivated, but for some unknown reason this duplicated the banner Huh So with it deactivated there are two banners, one under the other. How do I fix this?

Cheers

DoN
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `pmnotice` = '1';

From member_register, find and remove:

<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="pmnotice" id="pmnotice" value="1"{$pmnoticecheck} /></td>
<td valign="top"><span class="smalltext"><label for="pmnotice">{$lang->pm_notice}</label></span></td>
</tr>

From usercp_options, find and remove:

<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="pmnotice" id="pmnotice" value="1"{$pmnoticecheck} /></td>
<td><span class="smalltext"><label for="pmnotice">{$lang->pm_notice}</label></span></td>
</tr>

In header, make sure this is only there once:

{$pm_notice}

Text is in the ./inc/languages/english/global.lang.php file.

Should be everything Smile
Cheers Matt - works great Smile