MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] No name yet - Premium Wordpress Theme (May be discarding..)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I started working on this theme out of nowhere. I don't even know why, but I like it so far.
I got the idea of the menu from Jamie Oliver's 20 Minute Meals app. I saw a commercial for it and looked it up on iTunes and the tabs on it looked really cool so I started coding them and then worked from that.

It has three different colors (Surprised?). Blue, Red, and Green. It also has a featured content switcher.

I'm still working on what the posts are going to look like, and still have yet to implement a sidebar. But this is what I have so far.

http://joshee.sitefrost.com/wood (That's the first thing that came to my mind, you'll see why lol.)

Let me know what you think and give me your feedback.

Other themes:
Touch of Color.
Menu is pretty much awesomesauce and everything looks smashing as well, nice job! Wink
You need to stop making amazing themes. Your making us untalented people feel bad Sad

Sarcasm aside, its amazing!
(2010-05-13, 01:44 AM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]Menu is pretty much awesomesauce and everything looks smashing as well, nice job! Wink
(2010-05-13, 01:49 AM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]You need to stop making amazing themes. Your making us untalented people feel bad Sad

Sarcasm aside, its amazing!

Thanks and lol thanks.
Any suggestions on names?
Seriously you're to good! Toungue
Call it, Touch of Wood. ;]
Haha, I don't think so Rozzy Wink

But thanks for the feedback!

I forgot to mention I also made my YouTube channel based on this theme lol
http://youtube.com/xXJoshDrumsXx
Okay, I will be coding this theme very soon. I am almost done with my Wordpress themes site and I want to have this theme up for release when I open it.
My main problem is I need a name to get me started. So if anyone could help me with a name I would be that much closer to opening my Wordpress themes site and releasing my themes. Smile
On second thought, I'm not sure I will make this a Wordpress theme. Since I am using a sprite for the menu, the user would have to edit the PSD to add or change menu items. And when they add a new page, they would have to edit the header.php template instead of it changing automatically.

I will probably end up discarding this.
You should release it as a HTML Template, and as a Wordpress theme. ;P
I can do it as a Wordpress theme. If you read my last post I said I used CSS sprites to make the menu and the user would have to make a page, get the link, and then edit the header.php file and change the links, instead of Wordpress doing it automatically. It would just make it too hard for the user and I don't want them to have to make that much effort.

I might make in an HTML template when I get around to finishing it though.
Ah, alright.
Pages: 1 2