MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Alternative password recovery?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Somebody should make a password recovery system that doesn't involve sending an email. My users' password emails usually go to the spam folder and I think a security questing system (i.e. What street did you grow up on?) would work better.
That would kinda be a security risk, seeing as you can easily guess the answer if you know the person pretty well.
perhaps by using secret question and member provide the answer during registration.
This is more useful than retrieve mail (I thought) Wink
(2010-05-13, 04:33 PM)Lithium Wrote: [ -> ]That would kinda be a security risk, seeing as you can easily guess the answer if you know the person pretty well.

Maybe if you're the former governor of Alaska but the average person wouldn't make the answer so easy.
(2010-05-14, 07:59 AM)edjca Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-13, 04:33 PM)Lithium Wrote: [ -> ]That would kinda be a security risk, seeing as you can easily guess the answer if you know the person pretty well.

Maybe if you're the former governor of Alaska but the average person wouldn't make the answer so easy.

First pwnt. Second, he is right, it is a risk, i could most likely answer the usual questions for some of the people i've met online.
The average person has about the same IQ as Palin? Toungue