MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Try to upgrade form 1.4.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I'm tying to upgrade to 1.4.13 (latest release).
But when I run upgrade.php , there is no option to upgrade form 1.4.2
There are other versions that I can upgrade form, but there is no 1.4.2
What is the problem????
luke
Did you download the full 1.4.13 package from here: http://mybb.com/downloads ??
When you did, did you upload ALL of the files, except settings.php ??
After doing that, you go to http://yourdomain.com/forum/install/upgrade.php and run the upgrader
Hi,
the updater starts OK.
I get .... "Once you are ready, please select your old version below and click Next to continue." and on the list below there is no 1.4.2 version to chose from.
There are a lot of other version to chose but on the list there is no 1.4.2
So with version to chose?

luke
Can you PM me access details to FTP, and an administrator account??
I've send it right now!
luke
Choose the 1.4.1 option if 1.4.2 isn't there. Are there options for 1.4.3 - 1.4.10?? If those aren't there either then the files haven't been updated.

How come it's taken so long to upgrade?? You've been vulnerable to some very well known serious security vulnerabilities for months and you've had hundreds of unfixed bugs with your forum, 1.4.2 was released 20 months ago...
I have suggested to him to just select 1.4.3 since I believe no db changes were made between 1.4.2 to 1.4.3

I agree, but some people may have many custom hacks on their forum, are not subscribed to mailing list, or don't come here much or at all.
There would have been a big yellow banner on the ACP home page for the last year and a half, you can't get rid of it if the version's out of date.
Indeed, but some people probably don't pay attention to it :p
Hi,
I have just started to work for a client that was using outdated forum.
I'ts the first time I working with myBB forum and I realy like it, and appreciate Your quick support on this board!

Selecting version 1.4.3 worked well form me.
Thank You.
Looking forward to come back.

thanks,
luke