MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to merge threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I am very new to MYBB. I have converted my database from Phpbb3 to MyBB. I had 2 databases to get on to one. I have been moving topics and threads from one section to the other and I want to merge some threads into one topic. Can you please help me how I can do that, as I can not see the option in the moderator options.

Thanks
You go into the forum display page (the list of threads), then click the tickboxes for those threads you want to merge. At the bottom, select Merge Threads in the moderation tools box and click the Go button next to it.
I have tried to do that but the only options I get are the following:

Close Threads
Open Threads
Stick Threads
Unstick Threads
Delete Threads
Move Threads
Approve Threads
Unapprove Threads
OK I see I need to add the merge button from the control panel. how do I add it so that it shows properly in the Moderator inline cp. I tried it but it didn't work
You're looking at the forum display, there's an option in the mod tools at the bottom of a thread. You can add a custom moderator thread tool to merge threads; if it didn't work you probably din't set it up right, just need to tell it to merge the threads.