MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: World running out of IP's.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been on dual IPv4/v6 capability for a few years now Wink
Woah thats weird, I don't see how it can just run out. :o
(2010-05-13, 06:19 PM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]I've been on dual IPv4/v6 capability for a few years now Wink

There is no way you've read it already xD
(2010-05-13, 06:20 PM)Rozzy Wrote: [ -> ]Woah thats weird, I don't see how it can just run out. :o

I'm guessing you didn't read.
41... I've known about this issue for the past 6 years... why would I read ANOTHER article about it? Smile
(2010-05-13, 06:23 PM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]41... I've known about this issue for the past 6 years... why would I read ANOTHER article about it? Smile

(Not testing or anything an actual question...) Any of them say why they haven't just set a deadline "Upgrade by XXXXX or its off?"?

Edit: Did you get my email 2 days ago?
Not really news to me, to be honest. Though they're facts are a little misleading - many people have ONE IP address for an entire household (well they have one for each item, but it's on a private network, not using up the addresses on the internet).

Anyway all the machines I've had for years have had IPv6 capability, but everything I'm using is still working on IPv4 addresses.
(2010-05-13, 06:24 PM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ](Not testing or anything an actual question...) Any of them say why they haven't just set a deadline "Upgrade by XXXXX or its off?"?

Yeah, one of them did... because there is still too much legacy networking hardware out there in use by major corporations that ONLY supports IPv4. Its a crappy reason, but thats it in a nutshell.

It also did mention that a lot of Home Networking equipment (mostly routers) had poor implementations of IPv6.

Now keep in mind, this was an article 2 years ago. So hopefully the second point at least has changed.

Quote:Edit: Did you get my email 2 days ago?

I did, you sent it to my Yahoo instead of my Gmail, I already emailed you about it from Gmail Wink
Maybe you need to add the Gmail to your address book, just replace the yahoo.com with gmail.com and you're good. Email me and I'll resend.
(2010-05-13, 06:36 PM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-13, 06:24 PM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ](Not testing or anything an actual question...) Any of them say why they haven't just set a deadline "Upgrade by XXXXX or its off?"?

Yeah, one of them did... because there is still too much legacy networking hardware out there in use by major corporations that ONLY supports IPv4. Its a crappy reason, but thats it in a nutshell.

It also did mention that a lot of Home Networking equipment (mostly routers) had poor implementations of IPv6.

Now keep in mind, this was an article 2 years ago. So hopefully the second point at least has changed.

Quote:Edit: Did you get my email 2 days ago?

I did, you sent it to my Yahoo instead of my Gmail, I already emailed you about it from Gmail Wink
Maybe you need to add the Gmail to your address book, just replace the yahoo.com with gmail.com and you're good. Email me and I'll resend.

This company, was it an ISP? (Also i resent the whole message lol)
I sent the email to your work email. Its the only one I have for you Smile

Unless I accidentally sent it to your Dad... but I doubt that. Pretty sure I replied to an email you had sent me.
Pages: 1 2