MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Shorter Bans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How would I go about making a ban for say 3 hours?

Sometimes members flame someone (even by accident), and I dont want to ban them for a day, but a warning doesnt stop them doing the damage to our reputation. (often by retaliating to the warning, or questioning why)
Your going to need a plugin, realistically though I doubt anything less than a day is gong to be enough for some to cool off. People take the internet pretty seriously you know! Toungue Maybe you could just make a usergroup that can't post in particular forums and set that as their ban group so they aren't "banned" they just can't post in certain forums.
Hmmm, how are the ban lengths decided? Is it in a core file?
Use the "Warning System" to set rules that do what you need. It supports hour based bans/moderation
But the minimum ban is still 1 day, I want to have short bans (1 hour, 3 hour, 6 hour and 12 hour) to go along with warnings Smile That way I can give people a bit of time to cool off. Also warning dont actually do anytihng.. So what, I get a warning... I want to make it so the person is banned, and cant view OR reply to topics for x amount of time Smile
(2010-05-15, 05:23 PM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]But the minimum ban is still 1 day, I want to have short bans (1 hour, 3 hour, 6 hour and 12 hour) to go along with warnings Smile That way I can give people a bit of time to cool off. Also warning dont actually do anytihng.. So what, I get a warning... I want to make it so the person is banned, and cant view OR reply to topics for x amount of time Smile

sure you can. ACP > Configuration > Warning System. Create a warning level with an hour based ban and a warning type that has the required % to make the level trigger.

i just did it on my site to test. it took a 1 hour ban, move to ban group.