MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: In order to install MyBB...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In order to install MyBB, do I have to wait for the Nameservers to update? I've already created a MySQL database in cPanel as well as a password, and that info isn't working for the database configuration. My guess it that I have to wait a day or two.
If your domain doesn't point to your site then your probably not going to be able to access your forum to run the install script any way. The name servers should only take half an hour to update and propagate though Wink
(2010-05-14, 09:29 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]If your domain doesn't point to your site then your probably not going to be able to access your forum to run the install script any way. The name servers should only take half an hour to update and propagate though Wink

Hmm, weird. My domain works but for some reason, I can't get passed the database configuration. I made a MySQL database and username from cPanel and I am sure that the database location is "localhost."

Edit: Got it, must've been a silly mistake when I was creating the database. Thanks Tim! By the way, I could've sworn that the nameservers took at least 12 hours to propagate, what the heck happened to those days?
I guess the process got faster Toungue Once mine was done within 10 minutes which I wasn't expecting. The name servers aren't related in any way to the database connection though.
(2010-05-14, 04:44 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I guess the process got faster Toungue Once mine was done within 10 minutes which I wasn't expecting. The name servers aren't related in any way to the database connection though.

Ah, okay. Thanks for expanding.