MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Staff Needed for ShockingHost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: logo.jpg]

Hello everyone, I am here to try and find some staff for my BETA web hosting company called "ShockingHost"

ShockingHost is a free post2host web host that wants to give everyone paid quality web hosting free as some at this time cannot afford it. We are all about quality and not about prices. We have great plans and hopefully we will have great staff.

Requirements:
1: Some experience in working within a team.
2: Competent and fluent English language skills.
3: 14+ age restriction, may be asked to verify it.
4: No staff involved in running or helping any other free hosting service concurrently.
5: An IM program to be easily communicated with.
6: Some past experience with web hosting. (Only if you are support)

What are the benefits and salary?
You will be helping out on a service which provides a free service. Therefore, we will not be able to provide any payment to any staff member (volunteer). We will train staff members to do their required tasks (If needed). This is also great for job experience, you can put this down on job applications and so forth in the future.

Also no payment of money will be made, you will be allowed to have an "unmeted" reseller account FREE and with no posts required.

Positions
We currently are looking for members in the following departments:
  • Marketing (2 Members)
  • Support (2 Members)**Taken**
  • Community (1 Member) **Taken**

Marketing Team Members: The tole of marketing team is to promote ShockingHost, Getting us more members and giving ideas on how we can improve out service.

Community: The role of a community team is to look after members in our friendly community. The duties include assisting users with simple problems and questions, and creating community events.

Support: As a support team member you will be responsible for not only answering support tickets at our support center but you will also be responsible for helping out members here at the forum. It will be your job to help out each member who requires support to the best of your ability.

How do I apply?
You may apply using this form (Must be a forum member of ShockingHost first) or by email. If you are applying VIA form, please skip this.
If applying VIA email, please email the following details to
Quote:[email protected]
Details to email:
  • What Position Are You Applying For?
  • Your real name
  • Your date of birth (Year)
  • Location and TimeZone?
  • Do you have any experience in the position you are apply? If so, where?
  • What will you do to bring in more users to the forum?
  • Why do you think you are the right choice for the position you are apply?

Please answer them with as much detail as possible.

Many Thanks!

--Conor (ShockingHost Owner)
How to you verify your over 14?
How often would I have to come on and stay on, on shocking host, to get the community job?
Not very much, Community is mainly just to welcome members and help them enjoy their stay. However as we get busier, all you need to do is send me a PM or email saying you want someone else to work with you to help you out and I will gladly do that.
I feel like applying for support, it's been a while since I've been able to work with webhosting.. Does the form go here or there?
The site is very clean looking.
On topic: I would apply, but I'm moderator on three large communities, and I'm full of requests right now. :\
(2010-05-14, 06:28 PM)Lee Merriman Wrote: [ -> ]I feel like applying for support, it's been a while since I've been able to work with webhosting.. Does the form go here or there?
If you are a member of the shockinghost forum, you ma use this form however if you are not, send me an email with the details above to the email above.
(2010-05-14, 06:28 PM)Rozzy Wrote: [ -> ]The site is very clean looking.
On topic: I would apply, but I'm moderator on three large communities, and I'm full of requests right now. :\
Thanks Rozzy, if you ever decide you have some time, I will gladly accept you Smile

Thanks everyone!
I am very interested....

Also, how does the start your own webhosting work?
What do you mean?
Nvr mind I figured it out.

I'll be sending you an email
Pages: 1 2 3