MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing MyBB host
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I have a successful working MyBB board online. But I am planning to move it from my current host to another location. Here is what I did.

1) Did a mysql dump of the db and imported it.
2) Downloaded and put all the files and folders in the webserver home.
4) Mysql info was different so I changed it in settings file, and also made the right cookie and domain info in the config file.
3) Edited permissions for the settings and config files and shows green in admin cp.

It seems Mybb is NOT reading the settings and config file for some reason. Normal forum says "[1045] dbconn: mysql_connect: Access denied for user 'ramsey'@'localhost' (using password: YES)" when clearly its wrong, I am using root for the forum

$config['database']['type'] = 'mysqli';
$config['database']['database'] = 'mybb';
$config['database']['table_prefix'] = 'mybb_';

$config['database']['hostname'] = 'localhost';
$config['database']['username'] = 'root';

Both files are chowned by www-data user and even chmoded to 777.

Another thing was its not able to check for latest news or version from site. What setting blocks this from happening?

Any ideas? And thanks for any help.
If it's giving that error then your new database details aren't correct; it's reading the file fine. It wouldn't be getting the username ramsey from nowhere...
So the details dont exist in any other place other than settings.php ? Like a cache or anything of that sort?

What about the second part of my question?
-->Another thing was its not able to check for latest news or version from site. What setting blocks this from happening?

Thanks for the help

(2010-05-15, 10:48 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If it's giving that error then your new database details aren't correct; it's reading the file fine. It wouldn't be getting the username ramsey from nowhere...
It's config.php, not settings.php, but yes, that is the one and only place it's stored. Plus I wouldn't CHMOD those files to 777, 666 is all that's needed for settings.php and 444 will be fine for config.php

The latest version check is an issue with our recent domain change, should be sorted soon.
And they need to be chowned to the www-data or Apache user ?