MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sidebox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Here's a sidebox plugin made as a tribute to MyBB.

Features:
1.No template is edited by the plugin leaving your templates intact.(This feature may be disabled in the future)
2.You can choose whether to display the boxes on the left or on the right.
3.You can set the order of for each individual boxes.
4.You get additional boxes for other uses.
5.Choose whether to display on Index,Forumdisplay,showthread.
6.Add the additional boxes to portal also.
7.Order affects portal page also.

Live demonstration Site 1
Live demonstration Site 2
Changelog
Download here

Regards
Nice plugin, but imo you have to provide it under the GPL because half of your plugin containing code of the MyBB portal.php file which is released under the GPL itself.
Wow, great plugin
License sucks, other than that, it's looking nice.
(2010-05-15, 11:25 AM)querschlaeger Wrote: [ -> ]Nice plugin, but imo you have to provide it under the GPL because half of your plugin containing code of the MyBB portal.php file which is released under the GPL itself.

I agree, GPL or you have broken the rules and if anyone removes your 'link' and you pursue it...you will not have a valid case anyway Big Grin
(2010-05-15, 11:25 AM)querschlaeger Wrote: [ -> ]Nice plugin, but imo you have to provide it under the GPL because half of your plugin containing code of the MyBB portal.php file which is released under the GPL itself.
(2010-05-15, 01:32 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]License sucks, other than that, it's looking nice.
This is not a 'free' plugin.It is a tribute to MyBB. I changed the license so as it does not cover the parts taken from portal.php and you may now modify the plugin but should be shared here so as others may benefit from it.

I am glad that you liked this plugin though Smile

Edit: I am working on a new license which will give you more freedom and be more appropriate.
(2010-05-15, 05:29 PM)Nayar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-15, 01:32 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]License sucks, other than that, it's looking nice.
This is not a 'free' plugin.It is a tribute to MyBB. I changed the license so as it does not cover the parts taken from portal.php and you may now modify the plugin but should be shared here so as others may benefit from it.

I am glad that you liked this plugin though Smile

Edit: I am working on a new license which will be more open and appropriate.

Actually I don't think you can. From the moment you use the code from portal.php you MUST use the same license as MyBB.
License change:
This plugin is now under GNU GPL v3
Hello Nayar and thanks for this great tool.

I am hoping you can give me a bit of guidance. The boxes were easy to install and look and act great on my computer's window but they force the page to be too large on a few of the member's browsers forcing them to have to scroll right to see the whole page. Can you walk me thru a fix? And for the record I am a complete novice for the most part so if you would be so kind as to A,B,C it for me. ;-)
@ Cynthial:
I am complete novice too.
Give me the link to your forum. I'll see what i can do.
What browser are you using?
I am on firefox.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6