MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 406 errors - Doesn't seem to be a mod security issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Forum works and people can register and post no problem.

Can log into admin fine but all the config options (make forum, etc) give a 406 error.

"Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /forum/admin/index.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 Server at www.mydomain.com Port 80"

So I looked at the solution for that and already had mod_security on and checked the errors.

"[13-May-2010 14:06:32] PHP Warning: require_once(filepath/forum/inc/init.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in filepath/forum/global.php on line 19
[13-May-2010 14:06:32] PHP Fatal error: require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'filepath/forum/inc/init.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in filepath/public_html/forum/global.php on line 19"

Does anybody know what I'm missing or how to fix it?
It's saying ./forum/inc/init.php doesn't exist... is it uploaded...??
(2010-05-15, 06:36 PM)StalkerB Wrote: [ -> ]So I looked at the solution for that and already had mod_security on and checked the errors.

If mod_security is on, then that could be your problem...
Used the htaccess setting here - http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Help:Mod_security

All the files are there. I'll try uploading them again.
That method doesn't always work, ask your host to whitelist you at their end.
@Dennis: If mod_security was the problem, he would be getting 403's, not a 406.
Spoke with host support who don't think it's anything to do with mod_security, so ruling that out just now.

It's still complaining about admin/index.php but it's definitely there. Any CHMOD settings I need to change/change back or edits I need to make to the file?
No, there's no edits you need to make. And it's not complaining about admin/index.php, it's complaining about ./inc/init.php. Can they disable mod_security anyway so we can properly rule it out?? Just because they don't think it's the cause doesn't mean it's not.
Sorry, it's not giving me an error log since the reinstall, so I don't know if it's quite the same problem. Now it's just the 406 page saying

"An appropriate representation of the requested resource /forum/admin/index.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Host support can't whitelist by domain and it's a shared server so can't switch it off. The settings in the .htaccess should be functionally equivalent though.
Alternatively, try installing a MyBB 1.6 test forum and try accessing the ACP pages there. 1.6 has changed the ACP urls not to use slashes which mod_security usually chokes on.
Pages: 1 2