MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hide all admins IP from moderators?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How is it possible to hide all admins IP from moderators, either in post logged, or who's online, or mod cp. How can I do so?

Thanks Smile
I'm sure Admin IPs are already hidden from Moderators (Automatically).
^ Oh okay, thanks for the info. Smile I'd checked it out too.
(2010-05-15, 08:09 PM)Rozzy Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure Admin IPs are already hidden from Moderators (Automatically).

No they are not.
Anyone that wants to get your IP can do so easily. The information isn't worth hiding.
If you don't trust your moderators with your IP, you should get new moderators.

On a side note I could easily insert an image into this post that would log your IP.
(2010-05-17, 12:09 AM)Anman Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't trust your moderators with your IP, you should get new moderators.

On a side note I could easily insert an image into this post that would log your IP.

Really. How can you do that? That is not impossible.
(2010-05-17, 01:07 AM)that_guy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-17, 12:09 AM)Anman Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't trust your moderators with your IP, you should get new moderators.

It is.
It's very easy to get someones IPs. An easier protection method is to use proxies or a VPN connection. Reality is though that having someones IP doesn't mean very much. It's easier to infect people by sending them emails or links to click with bad downloads and drive-by java. I'd be more worried about my email address being known than my IP.
(2010-05-17, 01:33 AM)Damion Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-17, 01:07 AM)that_guy Wrote: [ -> ]

It is.

It is not. Prove it to me. You can''t see my ip address here if you are not a staff member or a staff member showed it to you which I doubt as it is a breach of privacy.

(2010-05-17, 02:13 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]It's very easy to get someones IPs. An easier protection method is to use proxies or a VPN connection. Reality is though that having someones IP doesn't mean very much. It's easier to infect people by sending them emails or links to click with bad downloads and drive-by java. I'd be more worried about my email address being known than my IP.

Thank you for this information labrocca. One question, what happens if I open the email with the malicious link but I don't click at the link itself. Would I be damaged that way as well?
Pages: 1 2