MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Weird Multi-Quote error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I'm running 1.4.12 over at www.forum.tortoise-world.com

Tonight I logged on only to find out that when users are multiquoting, after they have submitted their post, the quote appears really odd, like this;

http://forum.tortoise-world.com/showthre...54#pid8754

There are / marks in random places. This only appears now, not with quotes that where made before I noticed this problem.

I hadn't changed anything config wise, however since I noticed the problem I did upgrade to 1.4.12 (from 1.4.10) to see if that changed anything. Unfortunately the problem still remains.

EDIT: To add to this problem, when I do a version check it says I currently have the latest version of MyBB (even though 1.4.13 is the newest) and now-and-again, whenever I click on things like "Reply" or the homepage, instead of loading that PHP file, it offers it in the download dialogue box, as it would if I was downloading a .zip or .jpeg file.

Josh
Just found out- the error is actually a \ being placed before ever apostraphe. '
This is an extremely common issue caused by your host running PHP 5.3 and having magic quotes enabled, they need to disable it. As for the download box, does it happen in all browsers?? Clear your cache to see if the version check works properly.
Really sorry that I didn't search before hand!!! I did search but didn't realise the actual problem was with apostrophes rather than the mulitquotes- until after I'd posted this message.

It only happens intermittently in Firefox. I'm thinking, again it might be to do with my host. I've emailed them. My host allows me to use PHP 4- would you reccomend this until they've disabled magic quotes?