MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Anyone setting up a test board?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'd love to try it out but right now I don't have time to do it (so obviously I can understand if no one else does either) but if someone is just messing around I'd love to get a link Big Grin
I am. You can't access it unfortunately. Toungue

http://localhost/dev/mybb

So far so good. Can't try many of the features, because my forum is empty.
I'm creating a test board yes. I'll use the Merge System to import the live board, into it (if this will work)
Why do you need the merge system?? It has an upgrade script like any other upgrade, this isn't what the merge system does, plus the merge system doesn't support 1.6... but remember it's not recommended to upgrade live forums to 1.6 yet.
lolwut?
Clearly, you've misinterpreted what I just said.

I'm not upgrading my live forums. I'm making a DEV board and using the merge system to import the live board into the dev board
Why not just upgrade a copy of the live site?? You're using a rather odd method if you use the merge system.
But you can't use the merge system for MyBB 1.6...
Just upgrade a backup of your live board.
Ok then.
(2010-05-16, 07:09 AM)PHP_Paul Wrote: [ -> ]I'd love to try it out but right now I don't have time to do it (so obviously I can understand if no one else does either) but if someone is just messing around I'd love to get a link Big Grin

Sure:
URL = http://mybbextra.com/16/
Admin login has been pm'ed to you.
(2010-05-16, 11:35 AM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]lolwut?
Clearly, you've misinterpreted what I just said.

I'm not upgrading my live forums. I'm making a DEV board and using the merge system to import the live board into the dev board

We're going to mark all your bug reports as invalid then if you do that. Why? Because we won't know if the bugs you report are caused by an unsupported version of the Merge System or if they're MyBB 1.6 bugs.
Pages: 1 2