MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Downgrade from 1.6 to 1.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How easy is downgrade from 1.6 to 1.4?
Can someone give a brief overview of how it is done.
I do not think it's that simple feasible. The best thing is when you import a backup of the database, and FTP.
Otherwise, you must upload your old files back and rewrite in the upgrade process and write all MySQL queries backwards Wink
Don't do it please, in short there is no easy way of converting back to 1.4 while maintaining your post-upgrade data. Remember this is beta software and it should only be used for testing purposes.

If you have already upgraded your operational forum I would revert back to a 1.4 backup as soon as you can before too many changes are submitted to the database. If this isn't possible you will just have to hold tight and hope there is a smooth 1.6 beta to 1.6 final upgrade option available when it's released.
Don't tell me you upgraded a live forum and now need to go back to 1.4...

Downgrading is never possible, there's a lot of database changes, we don't write code to undo those changes.
Just wondering how catastrophic would it be if 1.6 beta couldn't be updated to 1.6 final.
(2010-05-16, 11:33 AM)Nayar Wrote: [ -> ]Just wondering how catastrophic would it be if 1.6 beta couldn't be updated to 1.6 final.
Since when can you upgrade from beta to final?
and another question...
...would it be possible to merge from a MyBB beta to final?
It could be possible but we can't promise it. Wink
We don't know what changes may be needed, hence we can't guarantee there will be an upgrade path. This is all explained in the sticky thread, which you clearly haven't read if you're asking if you can upgrade beta to final.
Thanks for replies Smile
(2010-05-16, 11:39 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]We don't know what changes may be needed, hence we can't guarantee there will be an upgrade path. This is all explained in the sticky thread, which you clearly haven't read if you're asking if you can upgrade beta to final.
i was asking about merging forum with a converter and not patching the files with new files and upgrading
Pages: 1 2