MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: All posts, PMs, signatures disappeared!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello.

I switched my host today to be able to use PHP 5. I moved my forum, uploaded files and database. But now, I cannot see any forum post or private messages.

When I look my database with phpmyadmin, I can see all posts. They are still there. But in threads and PM inbox, they disappeared.

There is a screenshot below. You can see what i mean.

Forum post: (you can't see message)
[Image: scr1thread.png]

phpmyadmin: (but it's still in db)
[Image: scr2phpma.png]

What I've done:
*Downloaded all my files and uploaded them to new host.
*I backed my db up from cpanel and restored it with mysqldumper.
*When I couldn't see posts, I downloaded latest MyBB and overwrote my files for any missing file.

Still, I can't see them.

What do you think about this?
What is the problem? How can I solve?

Thanks...
Please reset the templates postbit and the postbit_classic.
(2010-05-16, 10:17 AM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]Please reset the template postbit and the postbit_classic.

I did. Nothing changed. Huh
Do you use plugins?
Yes but they don't affect. I closed them and tried too, still nothing.

*I realized that if I post new message on forum, they appear.
*Most of signatures are disappeared too, and cannot be changed or previewed Huh
This seems rather strange and to tell you the truth I'm not really sure whats going on.

Would you be able to provide us with a test account so I can try a few things.

Hopefully one of the other staff knows whats going on Wink
I sent account info by pm. thanks a lot.
Ok, it seems that some of your posts are missing entries for their posthash field and I think that's whats causing this. I'm not entirely sure what this is used for or how to regenerate them but hopefully Matt or one of the devs can help you out a bit more.

Can you check the backup from before your move and see if all your posts have a posthash value?
I checked. All backups I have are same. Some posts have value, some posts don't. And i see that it doesn't matter if a post has posthash value or doesn't.

There are some posts which has posthash value and it appears (like this). And there are some, which has posthash value and it doesn't appear (like this).
That's really strange... Can you set up a new board and import the existing contents to assure that there are no template and plugin issues?
Pages: 1 2