MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Translation improvement for 1.6 - proposal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There is mysql_db_inserts.php in the distribution package that hard codes
some texts (lines 70 - 72) info the database table mybb_profilefields. These hardcoded texts are visible for all users independently on the front end language used. You know them well: 'Location', 'Where in the world do you live?', 'Bio', 'Enter a few short details about yourself, your life story etc.' and 'Sex', 'Please select your sex from the list below.

Is there a possibility to change it to external language file in MyBB 1.6?

If so, thanks in an advance.
I don't think they will ever be in an extrenal language file, because these are only examples for own fields.
Would make sense to make it in a language file...
(2010-05-16, 03:16 PM)magent Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think they will ever be in an extrenal language file, because these are only examples for own fields.
Reading is better.
(2010-05-16, 03:16 PM)magent Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think they will ever be in an extrenal language file, because these are only examples for own fields.

Labels like "Location", "Bio" and "Sex" are not, as far as I know, editable in 1.4.
So I had to post sql script for our local users to change it.
They are editable. It was one of the first things I do after an installation...
Yupiii!!!
Confirmed: they are editable (in 1.6). Nice indeed.
They were always editable... this isn't the sort of thing that can be in language files as other profile fields can't be in language files because, as said above, they're examples of ones you can add and work in the exact same way, i.e. the names are hardcoded when you make them and not translatable.