MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Own a .com? Better read this
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is big news. I bet Verisign is trying to win back some of the projected losses due to the decrease cost of .NET (maybe I should register a .NET and .INFO while I'm thinking about it).
Good news for .co.uk people (me Big Grin) and it will make people use more relevant TLDs. Like .me.xx or .biz which are under used imho.
Go for it Verisign and watch millions of 'normal' internet domain holders say bye bye! Smile
Good thing my .com is expiring. We'll be getting a .net instead. I sure hope this doesnt go through
eek! I own nearly 20 .COM's :\
Good thing I'm getting a .net, then Wink
Dale Hay Wrote:eek! I own nearly 20 .COM's :\

Did you buy the .net with the .com domain name when you purchased them Dale? If not go back and try. Here's one of my names for example. I always buy all the extensions I can when I buy a domain.

sportsstand.com
sportsstand.net
sportsstand.org
sportsstand.us
sportsstand.info
sportsstand.biz
sportsstand.info

Let me also suggest to anyone in the US or abroad to start looking into cc sub-domained names. I own these for example

box.us.com
own.us.com
blogging.us.com
santa.us.com
u-s-a.us.com

decswxaqz
I'd look into any .co.uk name and start buying if you can find good ones, man those are hot lately and are selling for BIG bucks.

Good thing I only have a .net then. Big Grin
hemi Wrote:
Dale Hay Wrote:eek! I own nearly 20 .COM's :\

Did you buy the .net with the .com domain name when you purchased them Dale? I
I didn't buy the .NET's to any of them, nah. :\
I thought Monopolies were Illegal?
Pages: 1 2