MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: forum permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i know a lot of work went into the new forum pemissions setup. its kind of cool from an implementation standpoint, but i dont think it is any clearer.

in fact i prefer the 1.4 style of permissions. sure they take some effort to setup but they are very versatile.

unfortunately i do not have any ideas to offer as alternatives right now.
The detailed permissions are easier to use now.
Yes, the point was that as we add more permissions they are going to be basically hidden. This way you will consider all of the permissions and there won't be any confusion in that regard.
I personally do not like the new permissions system, its just to complicated compared to a check mark
A lot of people found the old one confusing. Now you can see more clearly what people can and can't do, and then set more extensive permissions.
(2010-05-19, 08:52 PM)ccalby Wrote: [ -> ]I personally do not like the new permissions system, its just to complicated compared to a check mark

Yes, it will take a little bit more effort. We don't want our ex-lazy model anymore as we move in with extensive permissions.
so is the new setup permissive or exclusive? that is, if both yes and no apply to a user (multiple groups), does yes win (permissive) or does no win (exclusive)

i have not tested fully to see what happens.
Yes always overrides no
thanks