MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is MyBB 1.6 Gold free?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Then everybody started using .com because of its widespread acceptance as a user magnet.
org stands for organization not open source. Com does stand for commercial, but I don't believe that mybb is actually considered an organization. I guess it could be. Not sure. I like network(.net) the best. But a lot of people will just randomly use the .com domain name because people type .com because it is the most likely to hit. So it was a great move regardless.

.net I believe would be the best one for them to get their hands on and use. But I am not aware of who owns that one. mybb.com is a step up from mybboard.net though.

In the long run it would be best for mybb to get ahold of as many of these as possible. Smile And the .com was a major one.
Actually org usually is what open source communities use. No idea why. Though really, not many people use domains for the correct reason anymore.
I know several open source communities that use .org. I also know many other sites that use .org. I know several open source that use .net too. I really don't think that .org is a big deal. Could be wrong though.
Lol we have one .net and two .com's whats the big deal? Toungue
I don't see what the big deal is about the meaning behind domain names - not everyone is tech savvy, and use the domain for what it actually implies. I actually, before looking it up, thought .net was short/implied "network", .com implied "community", and .org implied "organization". Personally, I don't pay much attention to domain extensions(.com, .org, .net, etc); I do, however, block any .tk domain from loading Big Grin
(2010-05-18, 03:50 PM)K|nG Wrote: [ -> ]Open source mean free for ever Toungue

Not really... many open source products can be sold. xchat is a good example.

Red Hat Linux is another.
(2010-07-26, 07:15 AM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]Lol we have one .net and two .com's whats the big deal? Toungue

2 .coms? mybb.com and what?
(2010-08-02, 11:17 PM)magicstuff Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-26, 07:15 AM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]Lol we have one .net and two .com's whats the big deal? Toungue

2 .coms? mybb.com and what?

http://www.mybboard.com

Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3 4