MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Anyone using Wordpress with MyBB??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering if anyone is using Wordpress along with MyBB and how you have integrated them together?

Just looking for ideas really. I want the design to look seamless across the whole site.

Any examples of what you have done would be great Smile
In what way link them??? User based??? I have search many times before and found nothing Sad

On a side note, I do have a plugin that shows the latest Forum threads in the Wordpress sidebar, but is it.
Not so much link user accounts, but just make it look like it is all one site.

So when you go from Wordpress to MyBB the themes look the same.
Oh, yeah, that is easy! I am doing that on www.discusstech.net Smile

Just have two separate themes. But if a modification is done too one theme, then you would have to edit the other. But most of the time, they are not major issues. The way i do it is, do one theme first (either MyBB or Wordpress) and then do the second theme based on the first themes coding - if that makes sense.
I am looking at doing adding a forum to My Blog.

Do you think this will work well or should I just stick to allowing Blog Comments?

I am already getting over 1000 unique visits a day so hoping the forums will be successful.
You could easily create a forum skin like that. Just pay somebody $10 and you can get it. I suggest Dynaxel.
(2010-05-18, 01:56 PM)Tierney Wrote: [ -> ]You could easily create a forum skin like that. Just pay somebody $10 and you can get it. I suggest Dynaxel.

Could do this myself, just really wondering if its worth it or whether I should just leave it as a blog.

I would just modify the standard MyBB Theme with the correct colours.
My site is wordpress and I have MyBB

sicksigs.com
Thanks, think I will give it a go and see how it looks.

Will keep you all updated Smile