MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Spoiler Suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Spoiler BB Code that loads with AJAX, instead of all loading with the page.

If anyone is capable of coding this, since I'm still unfamiliar with AJAX (I use jquery mostly), I'd appreciate it very much.
This has been suggested a number of times. There are a few plugins in for it Wink.
Really? I took a look through and they all seemed to be non-ajax spoilers (loading with the page and just using hide/show div js). Could you point me to one that uses ajax?
Thanks, and sorry for the trouble..
Why do you need AJAX? What's wrong with a hide/show div Javascript thing. AJAX would definitely would not be as responsive as you need make a separate connection.
I guess the reason for AJAX would be because any non Opera browsers loads the images of hidden divs. The solution is to include the content of spoiler in the data attribute, and copy it using javascript innerHTML when opening the spoiler.
If the reason is for the size of the spoiler content, I'd say most people don't have such large posts so the user experience won't improve using AJAX.
yes I need a simple and powerful spoiler for myBB. Smile