MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Community suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What's wrong with the Tutorial forum we already have here, why not request what you want there? Other than that, both the plugin and theme forums have "Discussion" forums, where you can get help when trying to create whatever.
(2010-05-19, 04:41 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]What's wrong with the Tutorial forum we already have here, why not request what you want there? Other than that, both the plugin and theme forums have "Discussion" forums, where you can get help when trying to create whatever.

Getting help on creating a plugin, and getting help on learning how to do an array in general are two different things.
Okay, so tell me how someone give a tutorial about creating a plugin, when all the plugins are totally different, as in using different MyBB files etc?

At the most, a tutorial "could" tell you the basics of creating a plugin, of which I believe has already been done. But as for the rest of it, it's up to the creator alone to figure out.

Put it this way, a tutorial about creating a Statistics plugin would be totally different to a tutorial explaining how to create a shoutbox!

It's the same with themes, what tutorial would you want that's not already out there?
I would be interested on teaching a basic class on how to make your own custom theme and making them look good.
(2010-05-19, 05:40 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, so tell me how someone give a tutorial about creating a plugin, when all the plugins are totally different, as in using different MyBB files etc?

Because there are different, more reasource efficant, short cuts etc. Each plugin is different yes, but i see no point. In a class usually everyone does the same thing until the end where everyone does something different.

Quote:At the most, a tutorial "could" tell you the basics of creating a plugin, of which I believe has already been done. But as for the rest of it, it's up to the creator alone to figure out.

You mean the one by Zaher ages ago?

Quote:Put it this way, a tutorial about creating a Statistics plugin would be totally different to a tutorial explaining how to create a shoutbox!

Yes because one requires AJAX and/or major JS. While that statistics doesn't.

Quote:It's the same with themes, what tutorial would you want that's not already out there?

Tricks and tips, as i stated above. There are some shortcuts and things that can be used.
I learned the basics of plugin development from the MyBB tutorials forum and PHP from w3 schools,

I have a written a few tutorials on PHP my Coding site, and after my exams, I will be writing them on the rest of common PHP and some MyBB specific ones.
Pages: 1 2