MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Getting forum members
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've browsed some other Mybb forums and i noticed a lot of them have about 200-300 or more members with around 1600-2000 posts in total...

My forum only has 125 members and has a total of 3000+ posts...

So I guess my activity's ok, any suggestions on how to get forum members?
Actually I'm looking for active forum members Blush
read a littlehere

see ya
What you need to do is just manage your forum properly. Or maybe offer something no other place really offers members. Or offer them what other places are already offering, just do it better.
And also promote your board, helps.
But try not to spam Wink
Try that, I guess people are not interested in talking about TV shows they like and don't like etc. I went too 10 advertising forums on Saturday.
(2010-11-08, 02:14 AM)Patrickv Wrote: [ -> ]Try that, I guess people are not interested in talking about TV shows they like and don't like etc. I went too 10 advertising forums on Saturday.

Realistically a TV forum just can't compete now.

I myself use TV.com because they have the episode guides, credit info and reviews.

And while I'm there, I might as well use their integrated forum system.

But that's only on top of the existing forums I'm already a member of which has discussion forums & threads for TV & Movies.

You'd need a more narrowed down idea & try to offer what other forums already don't.