MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How important is it to have the wordpress theme match the forum theme?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I found a couple of really good themes I like for my HomePage, but they look completely different from my forum. So is it really important to have it match? Do you guys notice/care when you goto a site?
I kinda of do. I normally get the themes very very close, if anything its just a little padding issue, otherwise i have my themes very close.

For example - www.discusstech.net or www.coloranks.info or www.host4post.com

Most visitors don't really notice any issues, unless it is really obvious. Most of the time of you, the creator can notice it because you know what it should look like. But, if visitors do look at the theme very hard and compare the two, then they will notice it, otherwise visitors normally do not.

I hope that answers your question.
Do you buy custom themes is that how you got them so close? Or do you make them your self? I' like to have the themes close but I can't find a blue one that looks good and preforms well. I found a white one that preforms awesome and looks awesome. But white looks no where close to blue LMAO

But, I'm still wondering, when you goto a website and they forums and homepage are very different does it bother you? Or I am hassling to much to find a theme that looks close to the forums?
It's not important really but it bothers me when designs aren't consistent.
As long as they both are similar and decent, no issue.
So, looks like the way to go is to have my wordpress and my forum in a similar theme? A white wordpress and blue forum is no good?
It's that bad at all. Not perfect but not horribly different.
Okay does any one know who can make me a wordpress theme from a Forum Theme? I asked the guy that made the forum theme but he keeps saying later, later.
Well I haven't gotten around to it and tbh I don't want to bother with WordPress. If you can find someone to do it then that's fine with me.
Lol I didn't mean to sound mean. I remembered you said that you'd do it after your next project. I thought I'd save you time since you're not a wordpress themer.

Sorry If I sounded mean.
Pages: 1 2