MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reseller hosting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What's the point? I'd rather just affiliate with some other web host so I don't have to deal with people.
Meh its so you can feel awesome running a host, without knowing what linux or a server is. (Or windows server, but i haven't seen a windows reseller yet :/)
Easy money (or so they think).
(2010-05-19, 03:05 AM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]without knowing what linux or a server is.

These are the type of people who shouldn't be running a host. Would you buy a reseller pet store if you don't know how to take care of a goldfish?
(2010-05-19, 03:13 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-19, 03:05 AM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]without knowing what linux or a server is.

These are the type of people who shouldn't be running a host. Would you buy a reseller pet store if you don't know how to take care of a goldfish?

I agree. Yet theres money to be made in pride.
I have a reseller because then i can manage my own website accounts and have as many as i like. It is also easier than having add on domains, i like a separate cPanel account per website.
Hostgator has Windows Reseller.

I prefer VPS because I can control the server more than a Reseller.
(2010-05-19, 03:13 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]These are the type of people who shouldn't be running a host. Would you buy a reseller pet store if you don't know how to take care of a goldfish?

If you didn't know how to take care of a goldfish I'd think you have bigger problems on your hands.

Besides that, I personally think resellers are a good place to start merely for the sake of learning how to interact with people.