MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: So i'm thinking of starting a dating site for teens.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My friend who just turned 18, is going on sites trying to find someone more mature. (Still in highschool, he failed a couple things) and he tells me that 90% are over 26. (His limit is set creepishly high at 24...) So i came up with the idea... Open a teen/youth dating site. First thought that came to mind... Illegal. Then i remembered i was pranked and someone signed me up for Espin, hey they get 14-19 dating....

So what i'm asking is, is it legal? Is it moral? I'm not gonna promote sex, or charge membership fees to contact. Thats stupid imho.
Quote:So what i'm asking is, is it legal? Is it moral?

Not sure about them but I'd say it's a waste of time! Folks of the ages you're mentioning don't need a dating service simply because of their age! Just think how their parents would feel about you starting up such a thing!

Get this idea out of your head, and find something else!!
(2010-05-19, 04:15 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]

Not sure about them but I'd say it's a waste of time! Folks of the ages you're mentioning don't need a dating service simply because of their age! Just think how their parents would feel about you starting up such a thing!

Not only that, but the kids at that young of an age trying to find someone else via the internet? =/ Might as well trap them in a basement... imo
(2010-05-19, 04:18 AM)Elegant Totality Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-19, 04:15 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]

Not only that, but the kids at that young of an age trying to find someone else via the internet? =/ Might as well trap them in a basement... imo

I know at least 40 people IRL that do the exact same already through Myspace. At least a proper play would be proper. It happens quite often.
Folks at the ages you're talking about need to learn what real life is about, and that includes getting attracted to someone they know, not just knowing someone through a keyboard!

Dating sites for older folks are good in the fact the folks have probably already experienced dating or whatever.....Teens haven't done this in real life!

Like I said before, find something else to put your time into!
Teen dating site is opening yourself to world of legal troubles. :<

Not to mention we have no proof OP is not 45 year old pedo. Heh, just saying.
(2010-05-19, 04:39 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]Folks at the ages you're talking about need to learn what real life is about, and that includes getting attracted to someone they know, not just knowing someone through a keyboard!

Dating sites for older folks are good in the fact the folks have probably already experienced dating or whatever.....Teens haven't done this in real life!

Like I said before, find something else to put your time into!

Many of us know real life already. Some of us just can't find compatible people in our areas, due to the amount of beliefs and standards we have. For example, i actually went through everyone i know after my break-up and found that none of them are people i could actually stand to date. Great friends, but nothing more.

(2010-05-19, 04:45 AM)PHP_Paul Wrote: [ -> ]Teen dating site is opening yourself to world of legal troubles. :<

Not to mention we have no proof OP is not 45 year old pedo. Heh, just saying.

I did some minor research and saw no laws. With a good written TOS, i think i should be safe. There are others, this isn't a first.
Quote:So what i'm asking is, is it legal? Is it moral? I'm not gonna promote sex, or charge membership fees to contact. Thats stupid imho.

[quote]I did some minor research and saw no laws. With a good written TOS, i think i should be safe. There are others, this isn't a first.

Okay, so you've had replies to your original post and all you've done is defend against them, it's like nothing will put you off what you're proposing to do, despite all the negativeness about it. What a waste of time starting such a post thread!!

I feel sorry for anyone else replying to this post thread, I shall not bother wasting anymore of my time with it. Smile
(2010-05-19, 06:16 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:So what i'm asking is, is it legal? Is it moral? I'm not gonna promote sex, or charge membership fees to contact. Thats stupid imho.

Quote:I did some minor research and saw no laws. With a good written TOS, i think i should be safe. There are others, this isn't a first.

Okay, so you've had replies to your original post and all you've done is defend against them, it's like nothing will put you off what you're proposing to do, despite all the negativeness about it. What a waste of time starting such a post thread!!

I feel sorry for anyone else replying to this post thread, I shall not bother wasting anymore of my time with it. Smile

Well yes. Usually you defend your own point. :/ And regardless, thanks for leaving Smile
May i suggest a more prudent alternative, like creating a site for organising group activities for single people between 14 and less than 18! Meeting in the same place all together once a month for fun activities and having the opportunity to know each other. This way you will exclude the predators for young victims and provide a safe environment for them to discover new people of their age. You could also organise the same thing for people between 18 and 24 another day...

Wink
Pages: 1 2