MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge system error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings,

Im trying to do database conversion using the merge system from smf script to mybb. everything seems to be running well until it reached the User stage, with error as below :

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
2006 - MySQL server has gone away
Query:
SELECT * FROM smf_messages WHERE ID_MEMBER = '5361' ORDER BY posterTime DESC LIMIT 1

please advise, thank you.
That's a host problem. The connection between you and the SQL server must've been interrupted or something (or the server went down). The best option would just be to try again.

/Moving to merge system support.
yeah i checked it just now, and i believe so. btw, when do the converting, is the old database will be gone?
No, it doesn't do anything to the old database.
Ok, my merging was successful. unfortunately, some users complaint they lost their post counts, lost their inboxes, lost their group title, while i noticed some are not. already tried the recount and rebuild option but still some not working

pls advise thank you.
need help here, pls advise thank you
Some settings may have been messed up through the merge (the merge system is only in Beta), I'd suggest going through any settings related the the problems you've got and check everything is setup correctly. Smile