MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB vs. vB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Many friends of mine think that your forum won't be famous if you don't use vBulletin. Other people said:
Quote:MyBB it's an ugly board that you download from the web
So i went to other forums and i asked "What things does vB have that MyBB doesn't have?" One of the replies was: "MyBB has too many bugs." ._.

What do you think?
"too bugs"

Is it suppose to be meant 'too many bugs?' :p
MyBB is good forum hosting.Because MyBB is easy to learn.But vB it's hard.And vB panel looks like phpBB panel.
(2010-05-19, 12:30 PM)darkly Wrote: [ -> ]"too bugs"

Is it suppose to be meant 'too many bugs?' :p
Yes sorry, I edited Toungue

(2010-05-19, 12:37 PM)Emir U. Wrote: [ -> ]And vB panel looks like phpBB panel.
So what?
(2010-05-19, 12:23 PM)Dvdxseo Wrote: [ -> ]What do you think?

I think MyBB is better forum software than vB.
Why? Toungue
Well for a start you don't have to pay riduculously high prices for forum software that you can get for free.
A forum isn't made by the software that runs it. Sure, some forums can hold back a great community, but I don't feel that there are too many situations that MyBB cannot provide for a community's needs. Unless they are used to things being a certain way; it is very hard to make a large change and for people to accept it.

A forum's success, in my opinion, comes from the forum's overall topic, the quality of input/posts/people, activity, friendliness, etc. If a forum software is stopping these things then this is when the software becomes an issue.

I do not believe that vBulletin makes forums a big hit.

Anyway, who cares what your friends think? If you think MyBB is right for you, there is no need to force those views on others. Smile
Thank you for your great reply.

"What things does vB have that MyBB doesn't have?" This is the question I've posted around the web. But almost everybody couldn't answer.
A vB fan can't call MyBB ugly. Have you seen vB's admin panel??
Pages: 1 2 3