MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: /me /slap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Both the code for slash me and slash slap have hard coded colors. They should be given a class so that they can be altered for different layouts.

$message = preg_replace('#(>|^|\r|\n)/me ([^\r\n<]*)#i', "\\1<span style=\"color: red;\">* {$this->options['me_username']} \\2</span>", $message);
			$message = preg_replace('#(>|^|\r|\n)/slap ([^\r\n<]*)#i', "\\1<span style=\"color: red;\">* {$this->options['me_username']} {$lang->slaps} \\2 {$lang->with_trout}</span>", $message);
		}

Minor change but I'm on a mission to make remove all hard-coded styles from MyBB. Can I suggest .fun class? Smile
* StefanT slaps labrocca around a bit with a large trout.
I've never seen a normal usage of these tags. Wink
Well they are just fun mycode that mybb added a long time ago. Personally I think it would be cool if they were just converted to custom mycodes as default examples. This way sites can disabled them and a few less lines of code in parser.
I kinda want them core, just to say we have easter eggs. If we do make them out of it, i suggest adding some sort of easter egg.
They aren't exactly easter eggs. Most forum softwares have some form of /me or anything else. I like Labrocca's idea. If the admin doesn't want them, they can just disable them.
Adding them as custom mycodes also allows the admin to easily modify them
For example:
* x-Treme wishes labrocca would stop being so cool.

just an example so you can see my point Toungue
Glad that some of you like my idea. Smile
ahh? what tags??
Yeah, those tags.
(2010-05-19, 06:12 PM)Joshee Wrote: [ -> ]They aren't exactly easter eggs. Most forum softwares have some form of /me or anything else. I like Labrocca's idea. If the admin doesn't want them, they can just disable them.

They are. There is no documentation of them. Meaning they are an easter egg.
Pages: 1 2