MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: need site integration help, big time!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay so I have been scanning and searching and trying all different codes to do the following...

Put a user login on my site homepage
Show recent forum posts on homepage

I am using Wordpress as a means of updating news (it's a gaming site) so my site files are located in...

Home/public_html/test(I'm still testing Toungue)/wp-content/themes/veteran-company(name of the theme)

and my forums are located here...

Home/public_html/test/forums

What i'm having trouble with is figuring out how to tell the code that I use where my forums are installed at, it seems every time I try out a code, there is a location to look for my forum install directory, but I'm not sure what goes there as I have tried every possible combination of stuff to put in there!

Can anyone help me out please?
You could do it with some PHP. What I'm about to write is theory, and not a tutorial:

For the recent posts:

Create a file called recentposts.php
Connect to your forum database
Run an SQL query to select the 5 most recent posts
Output each one with a link.
Include "recentposts.php" in your homepage somewhere.

As for the login, (and this is pure guessing)

I'm sure you could setup an identical login form that MyBB has and make sure the "action" attribute is set to the same as the one in MyBB, except you will need to reference the FULL URL path.

It might not be as easy as that, but it's 3.30am and it's the best I've got lol.
(2010-05-20, 02:30 AM)Nitrus Wrote: [ -> ]You could do it with some PHP. What I'm about to write is theory, and not a tutorial:

For the recent posts:

Create a file called recentposts.php
Connect to your forum database
Run an SQL query to select the 5 most recent posts
Output each one with a link.
Include "recentposts.php" in your homepage somewhere.

As for the login, (and this is pure guessing)

I'm sure you could setup an identical login form that MyBB has and make sure the "action" attribute is set to the same as the one in MyBB, except you will need to reference the FULL URL path.

It might not be as easy as that, but it's 3.30am and it's the best I've got lol.

That's assuming he knows PHP, and he doesn't. I know that for a fact because it's my brother lol.
(2010-05-20, 03:07 AM)Joshee Wrote: [ -> ]That's assuming he knows PHP, and he doesn't. I know that for a fact because it's my brother lol.

Lol fair enough.

Since I posted the above, I've read there's a wordpress plugin to show recent posts, I haven't investigated myself, but a quick Google should yield something.
THERE IS!?
yeah I already have that installed, and am also having trouble with that too, but I didn't see anything about recent posts

EDIT: Okay I read that page you linked and it says the recent forum posts is on a widget, but I can't seem to figure that out, also I'm gonna need to figure out how to even get the wordbb thing working, it keeps saying the local root folder and the mybb default poster name are wrong? You prolly don't know anything about this do you?