MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Downloading TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was wondering if it was illegal to download recorded copies of TV shows? I know it is for movies, but wasn't sure about TV shows.
I think there would be a problem with the redistribution aspect of it though technically I suppose the user never agreed to anything limiting their rights with respect to the content in the case of free to air TV so I'm not really sure what the technicalities are.
Its hidden in the small text, yes its illegal. Just get an american VPS (As low as 6 bucks a month) And watch hulu Toungue
VPS? I'm sure it's a VPN...
(2010-05-20, 05:27 PM)Lithium Wrote: [ -> ]VPS? I'm sure it's a VPN...

No VPS. Much cheaper. Install a GUI and connect to it. Or install EyeOS or something.
Or use a ssh tunnel through a cheap vps
Yes, its still illegal for TV shows i'm afraid.
If you watch it via hulu, you are downloading it. The video will be located somewhere in your cache and you could theoretically move it out. This would be 100% legal.
(2010-05-22, 09:59 PM)Anman Wrote: [ -> ]If you watch it via hulu, you are downloading it. The video will be located somewhere in your cache and you could theoretically move it out. This would be 100% legal.

Not true - you don't own it, and in most countries tv is copyrighted and may only be replayed for personal use
(2010-05-22, 10:28 PM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-22, 09:59 PM)Anman Wrote: [ -> ]If you watch it via hulu, you are downloading it. The video will be located somewhere in your cache and you could theoretically move it out. This would be 100% legal.

Not true - you don't own it, and in most countries tv is copyrighted and may only be replayed for personal use

Umm where did he say he owned it? He said it would be available to watch if you moved it out of the cache.
Pages: 1 2