MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: global.css screwed up, or something
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I use one of the afresh themes, and was adding toplinks, and to have an icon in the toplinks, you have to edit global.css. I've done this before, but this time, when I saved it, the whole layout of the board was screwed up. No themeing stuff appears, the background is white, etc. I thought OH-no! so I re-uploaded the necessary files, but now, if I even open up the global.css template, and save it, without making any modifications, it still messes it up. you can find an example here:
http://www.insaniac.comze.com/forum/show...php?tid=59
Looks fine for me, I assume you fixed it...??
You have html at the bottom of your global.css file. That HTML has CSS which will overwrite the standard formatting.

I can't say that's definitely the problem, but that HTML definitely shouldn't be there, so remove it and see if that helps anything.
Well, Now I'm afraid I've messed up something even worse.... When I went there after you said that, It looked fine. Refreshed, fine, refreshed, messed up again. So I'm not sure what's going on now... I may just restore the whole thing from the backup if I can't figure out what's wrong.....

Now that it seems to do it only intermittently, I have no idea what's wrong. But it definitely started when i edited global.css

EDIT: I also removed the HTML from the bottom of the global.css page. However, this does not seem to fix the issue. What is stranger still, is that it appears to display correctly in IE for me, but not in FF. I already cleared the cache, no effect.
Well, I can't figure it out. It only does it about 20% of the time, and only on Fire-Fox, But I'm actually transferring over to a different server, and it seems to work fine on there, so I guess it's a moot point.....