MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL Error 1040 - Too Many Connections
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok well my site www.gaminginsanity.net is getting that error all the time. Is it a host problem or what?
I would recommend getting in contact with your host. The error is reasonably self explanatory in that too many different applications are trying to access the mySQL server at the same time. Either your host has the limit set too low, or there are too many accounts on the server.
It's a problem with MySQL max_user_connections being reached on your server. Contact your host, although I'm going to suspect it's either GoDaddy or HostGator. Sad
Can you go into PHPMyAdmin and click variables up the top and find the value for max connections, if it's set to a lot less than 150 then your host has it set unreasonably low, if it's more than that then there might be a problem (though its more likely that your host has it set too low).
(2010-05-21, 10:00 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]Can you go into PHPMyAdmin and click variables up the top and find the value for max connections, if it's set to a lot less than 150 then your host has it set unreasonably low, if it's more than that then there might be a problem (though its more likely that your host has it set too low).

Lower than 150 is too low? My host provides 25, never had a connection problem though.
The default value is 151 connections. If your only running a small site then it won't be a problem but its a way hosts can limit the size of sites run on their service.
What is considered "low" varies by what sort of hosting you are using aswell. With shared hosting you would expect the value to be higher, but if it is ridiculously high then that should raise a bit of a warning flag in your mind. You won't receive any errors, but it's usually a sign that your shared hosting is overloaded.
Yeah it's set at 100 i'll ask them to increase it.
I founded something about your error:

http://rackerhacker.com/2008/06/24/mysql...nnections/