MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Does it bother anybody else that anybody can legally sell MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I find it weird that common open source licenses allow people to sell open source software (GNU even encourages it)... even if they aren't the developers. So yeah, anybody can download MyBB 1.6, zip it up, and offer it for sale on their website legally. Good times. Sad
Yes, but if someone did buy it they could also legally redistribute the sold version...
Ummm... ok... I don't see how that makes it any less weird.
I'm not arguing the fact that it is odd. But, you would need a good sized group of idiots to make something like this succeed. Because advertising would be needed and you would probably advertise on larger sites like TAZ and well your bluff would be called pretty quickly.
Unless you renamed it to something else. Wink
(2010-05-21, 05:45 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Unless you renamed it to something else. Wink

YourBB! =D
LoL, the motto can be "Not MyBB, YourBB!" Big Grin
TheirBB! :p
It doesn't "bother" me so much, but it is kind of strange. To be honest, though, if you can get enough people to pay you for what is readily available for free to make it worth your time then more power to you.
(2010-05-21, 06:38 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]LoL, the motto can be "Not MyBB, YourBB!" Big Grin

LMFAO, I like that Motta
Pages: 1 2 3